Monday, April 4, 2011

Thing 1: Get a book recommendation from 9 different people (and actually read the book)

This is a Thing that I saw someone else doing. Well, I think what I saw was to get 10 books.  I’m going to do 12 because that works out to 1 a month for a year and that seems like a reasonable amount of time to take for this.  This would be a really easy one for me to do if I picked the right people. But I’m going to make it more of a challenge by picking the right people.  You know – not the people who are reading the same books as me anyway.  The people who will give me titles I’ve probably never heard of, let alone already have on the shelf.

This was originally 12 books but I've changed it to 9.  12 books was a little bit too much in conflict with  Thing 14.  

How will I know I’m done? 
Easy.  I’ll have read the books that will get listed here.  There will be no negotiating titles, unless I’ve already read the book.  Once I get the title, it’s set in stone.  No tradesies.

How am I doing?
Completed October 14, 2012, read about it here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like you to read "I hope they serve beer in hell" by tucker max

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay pal, I'm taking this suggestion but ONLY because I was going to ask you for one anyway.

    ReplyDelete