Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thing 23: Cook a turkey

Here's another one of those things that is on the list just so that I can say I've done it once.  I don't plan on making this a repeat occurrence, FYI.  There's no guarantee I'll make anything else with it but maybe if I'm feeling really adventurous, I'll make a big dinner with all the trimmings.  Anyway, this Thing will cover the entire turkey-making process - buying it, cleaning it, getting it in the oven, basting it, etc.  Should be a lengthy process.

How will I know I'm done?
Well, remember that it's just cooking a turkey, not cooking a delicious turkey.  As long as I make an honest effort, I'll be happy.  So I'm done when I've got a cooked turkey out of the oven.  No one has to eat it, unless they want to.

How am I doing?
Completed October 7, 2012, read about it here.

1 comment:

  1. I'll come eat your turkey. Honestly they aren't as hard as people make them out to be. I did my first for Steve's whole family and I mean it was a +25lbs bird and it turned out great! When you decide to do it let me know and I can tell you a few tips that helped me, or lend you my turkey pan.

    ReplyDelete