Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thing 46: Donate a million grains of rice

This is one I've seen on a few other 101 Things in 1001 Days blog.  It seems pretty easy, though probably time consuming.

The Freerice.com concept is fairly simple.  Answer questions.  For each question you get right, they donate 10 grains of rice to United Nations World Food Program.  1 million grains of rice will mean 100,000 correct answers.  See, time consuming.

How will I know I'm done?
The Freerice website allows you to sign up and track your total number of grains donated.  When my total reaches 1,000,000 grains, I'll be done this Thing.

How am I doing?
I have started answering questions.  So far, I'm up to 136,000 grains of rice donated.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I have a similar goal on my own list and it's tough because there is a finite number of questions and after a while the repetition becomes maddening. I need to wait another month or two and then try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man.... I wish I had known that before I picked a million grains. Oh well, it'll be a good one to work on while watching TV.

    ReplyDelete