Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thing 8: Learn to play the drums

I'm sure you're surprised to know that I don't already play the drums.  I know I look like the type that would.  But I don't.  And, I really would like to be allowed to legitimately hit things with sticks.  So far, playing the drums is the only thing I can think of that will let me pursue that.  Oh, and I think it'll nicely round out the classical piano and traditional folk fiddle I already play.

How will I know I'm done?
I don't really know how you determine if you can play an instrument or not.  For this, I'm going to say that I can pick up a piece of sheet music and play it decently after only a couple of tries through it.

How am I doing?
I've started lessons and if I do say so myself, I'm rather good!

No comments:

Post a Comment