Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thing 30: Get an orchid and keep it alive for 6 months

I inherited my mother's keen ability to kill indoor plants.  I do have an African violet that has been alive for a few years but I can't remember the last time it flowered.  I also have a ficus that, if you've seen, you'll agree has seen better days.  I also kill outdoor plants but I didn't get that from my mom.  So I'm going to try to keep an orchid alive for six months.  Should be interesting. 

How will I know I'm done?
I'll buy an orchid and keep the receipt.  If it still has some semblance of life six months later, this Thing is done.

How am I doing?
Completed middle of December, 2011, read about it here.

2 comments:

  1. Excuse me, but I have improved my indoor gardening skills. I have had a philodendron for three years now. In other words, there is hope for you. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently the secret to keeping orchids alive is to give them 3 ice cubes a week. Kim's trying that out now and it's been working for months.

    ReplyDelete