Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thing 34: Snorkel

I'm not sure what possessed me to put this one on the list.  I can barely swim, despite my parents' splurging on private swimming lessons from the time I was 7 until I turned 25 (okay, not quite that long but still, for the length of time I took lessons, I should be a good swimmer.)  Mostly I just flail around, which is pretty fun for the people watching.  Or I cling to my safety flotation device.  But EDP & I are planning a trip to Chile, which will include a jaunt out to Easter Island and apparently, the snorkeling is good there.  So despite my lack of swimming skills, I'm determined to snorkel with the fishies.  I'm not sure what is involved with this but I think there are a pair of very large flippers and perhaps some kind of goggles?  I assume I'll have to go in the water.  Beyond that, I have nothing.  Wait, can you snorkel with glasses on?

How will I know I'm done?
In order to really have done this Thing, I'm going to say that I'll go on some kind of snorkel excursion (as opposed to just cutting a length out of my parents' garden hose and wading into Cadzow.) and make a good effort to participate in said excursion.

How am I doing?
So far, no progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment