Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thing 36: Don't eat out for a month

It's not like I eat out a lot.  I'm pretty good about taking my lunch to work (even better now that EDP has started making it for me in the mornings) and EDP & I grocery shop on a regular schedule with a plan of meals in mind.  Normally, meals out are time spent with friends - we don't go out on our own very often and it's only occasionally because we don't feel like cooking.  However, I'm sure it's not good for me.  So for one month, there will be no eating out - this includes buying lunch/breakfast/coffee/snacks at work (but not those that appear at meetings or because it's someone's birthday) and all meals that can be consumed in restaurants or restaurant-like settings (I speak primarily of breakfast, lunch and dinner but also brunch) Don't worry friends - we can go for a picnic assuming I don't pick a winter month or maybe you could come over for dinner.

Oh, this also includes trips to Dairy Queen, Marble Slab, Baskin Robbins, Laura Secord, Cold Stone Creamery, the cute little store in Arkell that sells Kawartha Lakes ice cream, and Starbucks.

How will I know I'm done?
30 days.  No food unless it came from the grocery store.

How am I doing?
Completed March 25, 2012, read about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment