Monday, May 23, 2011

Thing 62: Make a really good, authentic alfredo from scratch

Fettuccine alfredo is delicious.  No one can dispute that.  But alfredo sauce is hard to make from scratch.  I guess it isn't actually that hard to make the sauce but it certainly is hard to do it well.  I've tried before - it was only okay.  By no means was it delicious.  You can get recipes for alfredo-like sauces that are easy.  They use cream cheese or cream or flour to help you out.  But my understanding is that alfredo is really just parmesan and butter.  So I'm taking it on.  I am going to make a really good, authentic alfredo from scratch.

How will I know I'm done?
I think this will require an outside opinion.  Someone, with a penchant for Italian food, will try an alfredo I've made and say "this is really good."  I will also accept delicious, divine, heavenly, fantastic, superb, amazing, and wonderful.

How am I doing?
So far, no progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment