Monday, May 23, 2011

Thing 69: Spend a day in the garden with my mom

Full disclosure - this was my mom's idea.  I'm not really a "gardener."  Every year, I plant a nice little pot of pretty flowers for the front step.  Every year, they are dead within a few weeks.  My mom, on the other hand, is.  She loves mucking about in the backyard with her pruning sheers and gardening gloves, slathered in sunscreen and wearing a hat (she'd better be slathered in sunscreen and wearing a hat - she burns like a caramel sauce that you didn't keep stirring.)  Anyway.  The point is - she likes gardening and she suggested a day in the garden with her so onto the list it went.  I suspect she means working in the garden but I'll keep hoping that we'll just be hanging out with mint juleps and cucumber sandwiches.

How will I know I'm done?
One entire day.  Outside.  Doing garden-y things.

How am I doing?
So far, no progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment