Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thing 75: Investigate new treatments for keratoconus

In 2007, my distance vision had been steady for 2 years.  2 years of no changes is the requirement for laser surgery.  So I booked a consult and off I went.  To determine if you are a candidate, the laser surgery people take all sorts of fancy photos of your eyes.  When my photos were done, they found that I have keratoconus, leaving me stuck with glasses.  But, there's lots of research being done in the field so I may not be stuck with them forever.  

How will I know I'm done?
Just because there is research being done into treatments, it doesn't mean I qualify for them.  But it certainly doesn't hurt to do some research.  For this Thing to be done, I'll have identified two or three different studies or trials underway that are applicable to the type of keratoconus I have.

How am I doing?
So far, no progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment