Saturday, May 28, 2011

Thing 83: Start automatically backing up all the stuff on my computer

So you know how I mentioned that I'm not good with computers, in the sense that we're in a bitter rivalry to see who can outlast who in some kind of electronic game of chicken?  Well, I am ashamed to admit that I don't back up my hard drive.  If I win the game of chicken tomorrow, I really actually lose because all my music, etc. will be gone.  I do keep my most important documents on a USB key but I have lots and lots of music that'll be wiped out.  I know.  Bad.  But, with my shiny new Mac, I'm going to start regularly backing everything up because I'll have Time Machine.  Amazing.

How will I know I'm done?
I'll set up Time Machine on my shiny new Mac.

How am I doing?
Completed March 3, 2012, read about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment