Sunday, May 29, 2011

Thing 89: Research the history of my house

I am an avid listener of both Stuff You Missed in History Class and Stuff You Should Know, fantastic podcasts from How Stuff Works.  If you recall, Sarah, from Stuff You Missed in History Class recommended one of my books for Thing 1.  Now, my latest inspiration is from the gentlemen over at Stuff You Should Know.

Josh and Chuck did a podcast in October 2009 on how to research the history of your house.  It's kinda like researching your family tree but on a house, instead.  Since EDP and I want to buy a century home, I think this would be a really interesting undertaking.

How will I know I'm done?
I'll have a list of the owners of the home (as complete as possible) and done some research on the names I find.

How am I doing?
In November, 2012, I officially removed this from my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment