Sunday, May 29, 2011

Thing 90: Sit my RCM Grade 8 piano exam

As previously noted, I'm a musical person.  For many, many years, my sister & I both took piano lessons and I did a brief stint with fiddle lessons in high school and now I'm moving on to rocking out on the drums.  I'm pretty good at playing the piano.  Especially waltzes.  They're my favourite.  But while I was taught using the Royal Conservatory of Music system, I only sat one exam - Grade 2.  Which, I passed, FYI.  But I kinda wish I had sat one of my higher level exams.  So now it's time.  At the very least, I'll do Grade 8 but I may be really bold and do Grade 9 or 10.  I don't think I'll be able to tackle this on my own, so I'll have to get a coach (I don't need lessons, I need someone who can help me prepare for the exam.)  If you know anyone, let me know.  But yes, they have to be certified by the RCM.

How will I know I'm done?
I'll walk out of the examination hall having made a really good effort at passing.

How am I doing?
In December, 2011, I officially removed this from my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment