Monday, May 23, 2011

Things 65, 66 & 67: Find a good Greek/Chinese/Thai restaurant in Guelph

Just so we're clear, I'm not looking for a restaurant that has all three of those styles of cuisine in one.  These are three separate Things.

When I moved to Waterloo, I spent nearly 3 years finding a good Chinese food place.  And after all that searching, it turns out, there was one RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM ME that had fantastic Chinese food but I always thought it was a sit-down Vietnamese place so I never gave it a second thought.  Happily, the Thai and Greek were not nearly as trying.  When EDP lived in Kitchener, there was a fantastic Greek place that we found pretty quickly and there's a really good one near-ish to where I work that I frequent on occasion.  And there are a couple of really good Thai places that I know of.

But now I live in Guelph and it's back to square one.

How will I know I'm done?
I'll have an automatic, go-to place for whenever I'm craving Greek, Thai or Chinese.  And I'll know it's the go-to place after getting food a few times and saying "Yeah, I'm happy with this place, I don't need to keep looking."

How am I doing?
We've been to the King's Buffet in Guelph (it is not nearly as good as the one in Kitchener) and ordered from Wok's Taste, which had good but horrible-looking food, though a second order has struck them from the short list.  I tried a third Chinese place on my own but it was far too salty for my taste.  A four place has been tried and it was really good value for the money and the food was good.  Not quite willing to declare it the winner yet, though.

The Greek & Thai restaurants have been taken care of in August and July, 2012, read about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment