Saturday, May 14, 2011

Time for an update

So where were we?  Ah yes, April has come and gone and now it's on to May.

A fair amount has happened this last two weeks.  I'm going to start with the most exciting first.  Ready?  Here it goes.  I started drum lessons.  And, if I do say so myself, I'm a drumming superstar.  I have excellent meter, according to my teacher. I've had two lessons so far and I can already play a couple of rock beats.  If you'd like your own personal concert, find me on Skype.  I did fit a drum kit in Gilligan.  I'm renting one for now - but I've been really enjoying my lessons so I think there will be a permanent set in the music room soon.

Also, I tried a couple of new recipes - mostly in the form of cupcakes when I made lemon meringue cupcakes and a chocolate-filled cupcake that was meant to mimic Hostess cupcakes.  They were my birthday treats at work and they went over pretty well.  I've also been working on my 1001 Wiki articles, gotten another book knocked off Mount TBR (which was Book 19 in my 50 Book Pledge), and started logging my KMs with Penny (12.76 so far.)

I've given up on the iPhone bible app for now.  Turns out, the bible that the Catholics use in Canada is still under copyright so it's rather expensive to purchase it for a reading program on the phone.  I'm going to look online for a reading program that doesn't include the actual text and then go from there once I find that.

Oh, and my first trade for my TFSA FINALLY went through.  What a flippin' headache.  I submitted all of my paperwork in April to Questrade along with the form to transfer my shares.  Well, the transfer was initiated and posted and then sat for almost an entire month before Questrade picked it up.  I called repeatedly, I emailed them constantly, I requested a copy of their formal complaint process (which I never received) and finally had to contact their Omsbudman.  Questrade may be cheap but if I was planning on being an active trader, I wouldn't be staying with them.  Anyway, the trade's been picked up and it's in my account now so I'm well on my way to $10,000 in there.

And one last note - Thing 64 is now officially finished.  Both Katy and Amy have started lists that they've already made great progress on so this Thing is now off my list.  Time to transfer another $25.

No comments:

Post a Comment