Sunday, June 19, 2011

And it starts...

Today, I bought an orchid.  It was on sale at the grocery store.  Obviously, that was a sign from God that it was time to start working on Thing 30 (Get an orchid and keep it alive for six months.)  It came with instructions of 1/4 cup of water a week but if you noticed the comments on Thing 30, you saw that Steve's wife, Kim, has been keeping an orchid alive by giving it three ice cubes a week.  Of course, I googled this to find out if I'm supposed to give all three ice cubes at once or if you are supposed to spread them out.  And there's an ENTIRE BLOG dedicated to giving one's orchid three ice cubes a week.  Don't believe me?  The name of the blog is Just Add Ice Orchids.  This blog will even send you email reminders to add your ice cubes once a week (yes, I signed up.)

Anyway...  We don't actually have any ice cube trays so I'm going to have to pick one up this week.  For today, I'm going to just water it with the 1/4 cup the instructions says.  I'm going to try to remember to post a photo of the orchid every week so stay tuned... 

No comments:

Post a Comment