Saturday, September 3, 2011

FINALLY finished something!

So after I posted my August recap yesterday, I decided I wasn't going to bed until I had finished something.  Reading the rest of my 1001 Wiki articles or climbing a volcano didn't really seem reasonable so I baked a pie.

It wasn't apple, peach or lemon meringue.  It was a key lime from Martha Stewart.  And I hated it.  It was easy enough to make, aside from the lime juice.  It had a graham cracker crust, which was much simpler than making pastry but I enjoy making pastry so I was a bit sad.  I juiced an entire bag of key limes just to get a half cup of juice.  For those who aren't aware of the key lime's characteristics, they are about the size of golf balls.  I juiced 20 or 25.  Good thing I didn't have any paper cuts or something.  And it's a good thing I have a reamer, otherwise, I probably would have been juicing 50 of those suckers.  Then, it was topped with whipped cream, which again was easy enough.

EDP thought it was okay, though was not what he was expecting.  I thought it was awful.  Of the two people that were over, one agreed with me and the other thought it was really good.  I can safely say I will not be making this recipe again, though since it was a new recipe, it counts towards trying 101 new recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment