Sunday, September 11, 2011

I made some soup

I'm sorry, I know that isn't very exciting.  But I'm really pleased with myself right now so you're going to have to hear about it.

A couple of weeks ago, while at Solutions (perhaps the best store in the world), EDP and I bought some leak-proof soup bowls.  We decided we'd start making a pot of soup every Sunday and eat it through the week in our lunches.  It's been a bit warm but today, I barreled ahead with making a cream of cauliflower soup.  The only cream soup I've ever made before has been a cream of mushroom that really just relies on cream to thicken it.  This soup needed to be pureed.  It had potatoes, carrots and cauliflower, along with onions, garlic & chicken stock.  Once it had all simmered together for a while, it went into the blender and then back into the pot for some nutmeg, salt & pepper, milk, and sherry.  I gave it a try and it's delicious, if I do say so myself.  And I don't think I'm too far off base with thinking that - EDP just came in and said it smelled really good in the house.

If anyone wants to stop by, you are welcome to try a bowl.  I'm really looking forward to having it at lunch tomorrow with some French bread.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! Can I get in on a soup-making Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, of course. There's a sign up sheet on the door, just put your name down for as many or as few Sundays as you like.

    ReplyDelete