Monday, September 19, 2011

I'm signed up for my read-a-thon!

Honestly, in retrospect, this was such a stupid thing to put on my list. I require a full eight hours of sleep every night in order to function so I'm baffled as to what made me think reading for 24 straight hours would be a good idea. However, I'm forging ahead and on October 22 starting at 7:00am (assuming I've translated GMT to EST properly), I'm participating in the Dewey 24-Hour Read-a-Thon. This read-a-thon has been going for a few years. It was started by a lady named Dewey, who has since passed away. It runs twice a year and for 24 hours, the participants read, blog about reading, read other participants' blogs and participate in mini-challenges. They don't require you to stay up for the whole 24 hours but I'm going to try to be awake and reading for as much of the time as possible.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be compiling a list of possible books to read.  I'll probably try to get at least one of my Thing 1 books read.  And I don't think I'll have finished my 50 book pledge by then so I'll be looking to polish off a few works in progress to really get that number up.  Wouldn't it be great if I finished my 50 book pledge during the read-a-thon?!

Anyone care to join me and turn it into a slumber-free slumber party? If you are interested, you can sign up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment