Saturday, October 22, 2011

Midway point mini-challenge

So the mini-challenge was posted while I was out for my walk with the dog but it's up now so I'm going to get it completed.  This one is pretty easy - just answering some questions posted on the read-a-thon website.  No point in waiting...  Here we go...


1. What are you reading right now?
I'm reading four books right now - Eat, Pray, Love; The Corrections, Ivory Tower Blues and The High Road

2. How many books have you read so far?
None.  Just made progress on the four above

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I'm really enjoying Eat, Pray, Love - I'm going to keep going with that one until I finish it.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really - I just didn't make any other plans for the day.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
No major interruptions, just the annoyance of someone trying to initiate a conversation while I'm trying to read.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
My progress is slower than I expected - I'm spending more time on the mini-challenges and blogging every hour and checking out other people's blogs than I expected.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No, I don't think so...  It's been pretty great so far.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I don't think anything really - while my progress has been slower than expected, I've been happy with how my day has gone.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
Yes.  It's time to get going with the sugar!

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I think not being in my pajamas is helping.  And I'm changing up what I'm reading fairly frequently so that I don't get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment