Saturday, October 22, 2011

Seven hours done, seventeen to go

I think I'm getting into the swing of things now.  Another hour has gone by and I've been happy with my progress again.  I've spent this hour with The Corrections again and happily, the book is keeping me more interested.  I'll be putting down the paper books for a little while and switching to audios.  There's some laundry that needs my attention so I'll be turning on The High Road by Terry Fallis.  I'm enjoying this book so much that it's going to be very tempting to keep listening until it's done but I've got another five hours to go so I'd better not!

The mini-challenge for this hour is being hosted by Skeiron at White Ink Drops.  The challenge is to think about a couple of book/music questions to help you pick a song that you connect with a book, listen to the song you pick once or twice and then let Skeiron know what you've listened to.

So the book I've picked is Pride and Prejudice, which is my favourite book.  And it took me a while to figure out a song that I felt connected to the story but I've settled on the hidden track from Dido's Life for Rent (which is apparently called Closer.)  It reminds me mostly of Jane and Mr. Bingley but I can see a bit of Elizabeth and Darcy in it, too.


1 comment:

  1. How can you go wrong with Dido?! Great connection--been a long time since I've listened to that song.

    Happy readathoning!

    Give me an R
    Give me an E
    Give me an A
    Give me a D

    ReplyDelete