Saturday, October 22, 2011

Three hours done, twenty one to go

I'm now three hours into the read-a-thon and have switched books for a short spell.  I've moved on to Ivory Tower Blues, which is the book title I was going for with the Book Puzzle challenge.  I'm not really that pleased with my progress so far - part of why I switched to another book.  I had hoped that by the time I was heading into hour four, I'd have made a significant dent in The Corrections.  I haven't, I've only read about 45 pages of it.  Hmph.  So it's onto a new book.

And with the new hour, a new mini-challenge is out but I'm skipping this one.  Partly so that I can really focus on reading this hour and partly because there's no way I can think of three books that are good representations of the US states they take place in.

2 comments:

  1. Corrections could be a tough slog for the readathon. I loved it but its a bit dense at times and takes a while to really get into it.

    Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, good to know. I've just finished the section on Chip so I'm hoping it'll get a bit faster for me. It's a book club book so I really want to get through it today.

    Hope you enjoy your day, as well!

    ReplyDelete