Sunday, October 23, 2011

Twenty hours done, four to go

It's 4am.  I'm pretty sure the last time I saw 4am, I was in school.  Fittingly, I've been continuing with Ivory Tower Blues, though I got a bit of The High Road in when I was relaxing in child's pose.  It felt awesome and I can feel my lower back tightening up so I might be spending a bit more time in that position.  The last four hours have gone by so much slower than the first ten did.  My eyes are heavy and I'm yawning a lot.  It's times like these where I wish I could tolerate caffeine.  However, enough whining.

This hour's mini-challenge isn't up yet so I'll catch up on it later.  In the meantime, let's hope the eyes stay open.


3 comments:

  1. Could you find something that has the same properties as caffeine that you can tolerate, maybe? (I'd offer ideas on what that would be, but I have none. Thinking aloud, I guess.)

    You're doing wonderful, though. I hope you'll be able to stay awake since it sounds like you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually, I use sugar as a substitute but I think part of the problem is how quiet it is. If there was more action going on in my living room, I might be a bit more awake. Or maybe I should switch books - the one I'm reading now is non-fiction and while interesting, it's a bit dry. But I only have 15 pages left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you were brave doing a 24 hour read-a-thon before, but I had completely forgotten about your problems with caffeine (or at least, hadn't put the two together into a coherent thought).

    Now, I'm just in awe. You so crazy.

    ReplyDelete