Sunday, October 23, 2011

Twenty three hours done, one hour to go

I've given up on a paper book and am listening to The High Road now.  I'm longing for some sleep.  I'm watching the clock like a hawk now and as soon as it clicks over to 8am, I'll be bee lining for my bed.

Last hour's mini-challenge has gone up but I don't have the brain power for it.  It's being hosted by Roof Beam Reader and is looking for the five books you'd pick for a posterity library, along with why you'd pick it.  Definitely an interesting challenge but at this late stage in the game, I can't think at all :P

This hour's mini-challenge is an end-of-event meme.  Since I'm looking to be asleep by 8:02, I'm going to answer the questions now and then head off upstairs to put on some pajamas and listen to The High Road.  So here it goes...


1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
I think 6am-7am.  I had to give up on reading my paperbook and keep my fingers crossed I didn't fall asleep while listening to my audio book.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I think that is really personal preference - I was really engaged with a non-fiction book about the decline of student engagement in the Canadian university system, so...

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Towards the end, the mini-challenges didn't seem to be posted anywhere close to the hour.  Sometimes the read-a-thon website would be a bit slow in posting the hourly update but the mini-challenges were often well into the hour.  That was frustrating.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The first half of the read-a-thon was awesome - the hourly updates were posted right on the dot and the mini-challenges were up quickly.  I also really appreciated the cheerleaders.

5. How many books did you read?
I finished 2 and made great progress on 2 others.

6. What were the names of the books you read?
The books I finished were Eat, Pray, Love and Ivory Tower Blues.  The books I made progress on were The Corrections and The High Road.

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Eat, Pray, Love

8. Which did you enjoy least?
The Corrections

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
N/A

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I would seriously consider participating again.  I'd read again, if I had the whole day free, or I'd be a cheerleader if I only had a few hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment