Saturday, December 31, 2011

My TBR is still looking a little chunky

My TBR pile
For several years now, I've been keeping an Excel spreadsheet to track my reading each year.  At the end of the year, I sit down to get the spreadsheet ready for the next year and to see what the year looked like for my reading habits.

Overall, I made okay progress on reducing my TBR pile in 2011.  I started the year with 64 books waiting to be read.  I ended the year with 48, which is made up of 35 of the original 64 plus anything I acquired this year that didn't get read.  Not too bad - the size of my TBR pile has been bothering me for years so it's nice to see that the pile that I'm starting 2012 with is the smallest pile I've had at the start of a year since I started keeping track.

In 2011, I finished 56 books and abandoned one.  It worked out to 16,773 pages - or an average of 45.95 a day, which was a bit short of the 50 a day I was hoping for.  I did make some good progress on my TBR pile and if I read the same number from my TBR in 2012 as I did in 2011, I'll be in good shape to get my TBR under 10 books before the end of my 1001 days.  Fingers crossed!

2 comments: