Friday, December 2, 2011

November 2011 Recap

I'm a couple of days late with my November recap, but for really good reason.  I had my book club on Wednesday and then last night, I was watching the first episode of Downton Abbey.  One of the girls I work with told me about it a few months ago and I promptly forgot about it.  Then I remembered about it and watched the entire first season on Sunday.  Then I ordered the DVD and now I'm going to watch it all again.  So yes, as you can see, I've been horribly busy.

Anyway.  Back to November.  Not a great month for either finishing things.  I finished two things - paying for someone behind me in line and my Harry Potter marathon.  The former was completed towards the beginning of the month in a Starbucks and the latter when EDP was in India for business.  

As far as progress, I wouldn't say my progress was great here either.  
  • I've got my handwritten letter written but not mailed yet.  There's a good reason why but I can't say.  Just trust me.
  • Drum lessons continue to continue.  I'm working on this one exercise that is just impossible but I have another one that I really like.  And, I play along with my iPod, as well.  I cannot say that I can play the drums yet but I am making progress and am loving it.
  • Penny and I have passed the halfway mark with our walks, walking 105.53 km.
  • My TBR pile has 45 books on it right now.
  • I've made a few new things and am now at 17 new recipes tried.
  • My orchid has been alive for 5 1/2 months.  It's actually growing a new flower stem, which is horribly exciting.  Even more exciting - in just two weeks, it will have been alive for six months!
  • I've donated 30,160 grains of rice.
  • I did try another Chinese food place but it was horribly salty and can't even be considered a contender for a go-to Chinese food place.
  • I saw my Gran a few weeks ago and will mostly likely see her again at Christmas.
  • I've gotten rid of a total of 23 things.  
  • My savings plan for finishing things is going just as planned.  
I doubt I'll make much progress in December.  Unless I change half a dozen of my things to watching Downton Abbey.

No comments:

Post a Comment