Saturday, January 7, 2012

Who's stupid idea was being healthy?

Earlier this week, I made a completely realistic exercise schedule.  Thursday, January 5 was my first official day of sticking to it.  Today is my third day and I don't think I'll need to worry about sticking to it for a month because I'm pretty sure it's going to kill me first.

There's this class at the gym called TAC Physique. The description on the website is "TAC Physique is a muscle conditioning based class that was created by 2 professional ballet dancers on how they train to stay in shape, it is a full body workout with emphasis on your butt (it will be burning)!" I don't like using free weights or the machines at the gym so this is what was suggested for my strength component. I added it to my schedule as a weekly thing and today was my first attempt.

Honestly, I thought I was going to collapse. Now that I'm home, I feel like jello. My knees keep buckling under me as I walk. I'm not sure I can get my arms over my head to take my t-shirt off. I've put some Baileys in my coffee in hopes it dulls the screaming in my muscles. I can't even remember all the stuff that we had to do but I remember weights and balancing on my toes a lot.

To stick with my exercise schedule for a month means four more of these classes. Scientifically speaking, there is a 75% chance of my knees literally collapsing under me, leaving me in a puddle on the ground sometime over the next four classes. Since I'm clearly a weak, weak little girl, if I collapse there is a 57% chance of me never getting up again. So, as you can see - I'm mostly likely to die before the end of my month. But we'll see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment