Monday, February 27, 2012

Are you sick of me yet?

Third post in two days... But I've knocked another Thing off my list and am starting to tackle another one so I had to check in, right?

What's finished, you ask? And why am I posting for the third time in 24 hours? These two things are related so let me just fill you in on what's been going on lately and it'll make sense.

For the last I don't even know how long, I've had a problem with my jaw. It started innocently enough - it would crack once in a while when I opened it. Then it started cracking every time I opened it. Then it started cracking so loud that other people were commenting on it. Including my dentist, who referred me to a surgeon for a consult. The surgeon explained that my bone was on the wrong side of some bow tie joint and the popping was it sliding back into place. He fit me for a splint and sent me on my way saying that something like 80% of this kind of thing is resolved with the splint. Well, the splint didn't work. So last Friday, I had an arthroscopy to put the bone back where it belongs. Now, I'm left with a very sore jaw, two tiny incisions, no stitches, and soft food for three months. And quite frankly, I'm STARVING - soup and applesauce and pudding and ice cream does not fill me up enough. Anyway. This whole surgery thing has been an excellent reason to stay in my pyjamas for the last three days. EDP was in charge of walking Penny from when we got home on Friday until last night so I didn't even have to get out of my pyjamas for two full days! And today has been my third day in pyjamas. Which makes Thing 27 done.


My BComm & My BA
My PM Certificate
Honestly, I was hoping for a far more lazy reason to enflanneled for three days. Not that I haven't been lazy the last few days but it was somewhat forced on me. Saturday and Sunday were super lazy days but then today, I decided it was time that I should start getting all my notes from school scanned if I want to have a hope of getting them done before my 1001 days is up.  So I spent some time emptying out the boxes in the closet and started a bit of scanning. I only got two classes done today - and as you can tell, I have a lot to still go. But it's awesome to know that the piles are going to be shrinking and out of the house soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment