Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's not a hot tub

It's just a regular ol' Western Digital hard drive.  But it's my new Time Machine! Woo hoo!

I have gotten off my butt and got an external hard drive. Though, if we're being honest with each other, I ordered it online so I didn't get off my butt at all. Well, I guess I did for a short minute when I got into the car to go pick it up from Purolator. But look, that's really not the point. The point is - I have Time Machine set up and it's run once so I officially am now a backer-upper of my files. Yay!

FYI - to those I'm trying to convince to get a Mac (i.e. everyone who doesn't already have a Mac), it was just as easy to set up Time Machine as it was to set up the Mac. Plugged it in, it automatically opened and was all "You wanna make this your back up drive?" and I was all "You know it!" and it was all "Sweet, we're good. Go have some chocolate." And since I always follow instructions, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment