Saturday, April 21, 2012

And I'm off...

The hour is upon us. And it's time for introductory questions!

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Guelph, Ontario, Canada

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I haven't made a stack.  I'm free-styling all day.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
With being sick and on a soft food diet (due to jaw surgery two months ago), I have no snacks planned.  Man, I'm really doing this by the seat of my pants...

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
By day, I'm work at an insurance company on the investments side of things.  By night, I'm a dog-owner, a drums-learner and a book-reader.  Oh, and I just completed my second degree!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
The last readathon was my first and I stayed up all 24 hours.  This time, I'm really just using this 24 hour period to read as much as possible.  I won't be checking the blog or mini-challenges every hour but rather when I feel like it and I'll be napping/sleeping, as well.

6 comments:

  1. I am kind of free styling too... planning the books stresses me out. :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm winging it as well. No book plans, just picking up what sounds good. Have a great readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm way too much of a control freak to freestyle. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those that wing it have more fun than anyone, I think. Sorry about your snack plans being compromised. Happy reading, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is impressive that you've been able to make it for the entire 24 hours. I've never been able to do that ... someday, though. :) Hope you are feeling better (re: jaw surgery) and that you're having a great Readathon day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here to cheer! Hope you're having a great reading day! I cheer for sleeping and naps, too -- sleep is my second favorite thing after reading.

    ReplyDelete