Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Community chest? Nope - community garden!

Yay!  I joined a community garden!  Yay!

I was really excited to put this on my list but worried it would have to come off.  I had started thinking about joining a community garden when I lived in Waterloo and found a website that had dozens and dozens listed.  Then we moved to Guelph and I thought it would be easy to find one here because Guelph is big on agriculture.  But that was not the case.  The city did start a pilot in 2010 but it doesn't seem like it's really taken off.  There are only about 6 in the city right now and only one is even remotely close to us. 

But I found out a couple of weeks ago that there was a plot for me there!  My plot is A3 and it's 4 feet wide by 16 feet long.  Last weekend, I paid my fee and helped to get the garden ready for the spring.  I still have to do some work on my plot but hopefully, I'll get out soon to do that.  And in a few weeks, I can start planting.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment