Sunday, April 1, 2012

March 2012 Recap

In like a lion and out like a lamb REALLY describes how my March was.  This month has been a busy one but it's now died down and I'm sooooo happy for that.  The biggest thing keeping me busy was school work on top of regular work.  It's a busy time of year for me at work and the last month of the term is always nutty.  I had an assignment, a test, a paper and a mini-lecture - which doesn't sound like a lot but that's only two classes.  But, Thursday was my last day of classes and I handed in my paper on Friday and now I'm just waiting for my exam and then I'm DONE.

Despite all this busyness, I finished off two things - I started backing everything up on my Mac and I went  restaurant-free for 30 days.  Backing everything up on the Mac was super easy and Time Machine is the absolute coolest thing ever.   Not eating out was also fairly easy due to my soft food diet.

I did also make some decent progress on some of my other things:

  • I finished Smash & the Code of the Woosters from my list of 12 book recommendations.  
  • I got my handwritten letters off really early this month.
  • Drum lessons continue and are still super awesome.  I'm looking forward to having more practice time now that classes are done.
  • Debt is going down and in entirely NEW news, my TFSA is going up.  It's still not at the level it was when I transferred it out of my GSOP but at least it's going in the right direction.
  • I've been a rockstar with getting my notes scanned.  All of my notes from my Project Management certificate are done and I'm about halfway through my BA.  Of course, the notes from my BComm make up the vast majority of the notes but still, it's good progress.  
  • Penny and I have walked 126.5km so far.
  • My TBR is at 47 books which is two books less than I started with last April.
  • I've listened to 272 of the Rolling Stone's 500 greatest songs.
  • I've been taking pictures of things that make me happy and tweeting them with the hashtag #amonthofhappy.
  • I've donated 58,000 grains of rice
  • I'm almost ready to strike graduating off my list but am going to hold off until my transcript says I've graduated.  

I'm at 21 Things finished now, which I'm pretty happy with but I'll need to pull up my socks for April but I'll have a lot more time, especially after April 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment