Sunday, April 22, 2012

So long read-a-thon

The read-a-thon is now done.  I didn't even come close to being up for the full 24 hours but I hadn't planned on that so I'm not overly disappointed.

In the end, I ended up reading for 9 hours and 25 minutes and listening for just under 3.  I finished two books (A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle and Days of Reading by Marcel Proust.)  I made great progress on my current non-fiction read (Competitive Strategy by Michael Porter) getting from page 20 to page 87.  I also read half of a murder mystery called Shot Through Velvet by Ellen Byerrum.  Oh, and my audio is Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk.

And now, before I head back to the sofa to read (what?  I'm sick and I'm enjoying the murder mystery!)  here is the end of event meme:

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
None, really - I didn't push myself to stay awake.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
No, because this is such a personal interest thing.  Though, I'm rather enjoying Shot Through Velvet - good for anyone who likes a light mystery.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Honestly, I wasn't that tuned in this time around.

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Again, I wasn't that tuned in.

5. How many books did you read?
See above.

6. What were the names of the books you read?
See above.

7. Which book did you enjoy most?
The one I'm still working on - Shot Through Velvet by Ellen Byerrum

8. Which did you enjoy least?
Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk.  If it wasn't a book for my 1001 Things in 101 Days project, I'd scrap it.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
N/A

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Yeah, I'm likely to participate again.  If I had the whole day, I'd read.  I think next time, I'd like to be a cheerleader, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment