Monday, May 14, 2012

Twinkle, Twinkle Diamond Ring

So my fellow April babies will likely agree - having diamonds as your birthstone often sucks. A - they are expensive. B - most birthstone rings look like engagement rings. C - they are expensive. But also, they are lovely. I've wanted a ring with my birthstone for a long time. But given their tendency to look like engagement rings or wedding bands, I couldn't really expect anyone to get one for me. So a long time ago, I decided that I would buy myself a diamond ring. And just to make it extra spectacular, it would be from Tiffany & Co. A few years ago, I decided it would be my 30th birthday present to myself. And I just turned 30. And now, I have a diamond ring from Tiffany's. And it's fabulous. It's sparkly and shiny and perfect. And of course, since it's from Tiffany's, the only C I had to compromise on to stay in my budget was carat.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What a wonderful gift to yourself - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, April celebrators like you are the luckiest because you have the most valuable material as your birthstone, which is the diamond. And even though you are still single (correct me if I'm wrong here, though) wearing a diamond ring made you more charming than a bride. You deserve to have that on your 30th birthday - though a pearl ring is also fine for you since 30 years is a pearl milestone. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sure Holly Golightly would approve of your decision to buy yourself a new ring! Well, I think that it is a perfect birthday gift for yourself. Rings are not only considered as wedding and engagement band, but it can also symbolize other things, depending on the wearer. And in your case, it symbolizes another fruitful year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I'm SO adding this to my 101 list! Lovely ring! Taís

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it’s good that you found a diamond ring that you want. It’s true that diamond rings are known to have the tendency to look like engagement rings or wedding rings. But I think it’s all about finding the right design. You, for example, found a diamond ring that doesn’t look like a wedding band at all! You can search for jewelry shops that can do customized ring if you want a more personal design.

    ReplyDelete