Sunday, June 24, 2012

The diamond ring I bought for my 30th birthday is no longer my most expensive purchase this year

How can that possibly be, you ask? How is it humanly possible that I've made another massive purchase that cost more than the diamond ring I now purposely fiddle with to blind people?

Well, EDP & I bought a house.

I did say that this thing would be done when my name was on title for a house somewhere.  But, our offer is firm, our mortgage has been approved, and our lawyer is moving ahead with whatever lawyerly tasks he needs to do. And since I'm going to be broke-ass-broke on August 17th when we close, I'm marking this as done NOW so that I can afford to move $25 into my TFSA.

For those that are interested, our house is friggin' awesome. There's a window seat in the master bedroom, under-cabinet lighting in the kitchen, a built-in gas fire pit in the backyard, and a balcony off the super awesome finished attic.  And, despite the fact that it is, indeed, move-in ready, I've started a blog to document all of the adventures EDP and I have as first-time home owners. We did a walkthrough today and EDP took lots of photos so I'll be posting some of them over there sometime this week, if you want to see pics.

4 comments:

  1. It’s great that you have the capability to buy a home just buying a diamond ring! That's a lot of money right there, and it just goes to show how good you are at managing your finances and making sure that you allocate a good amount for each of the things you plant to buy. How's the diamond ring, by the way? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your diamond ring as well as your house are both good purchases. Carry on managing your finances well since your purchases are actually great investments. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you got any tips on how to buy a diamond engagement ring? I did the house purchase first and now looking at the ring! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only congratulate you with this purchase!

    ReplyDelete