Monday, July 2, 2012

Catching up on Thing 1's books - Book 7 and Book 8

So I've finished off a couple more books for Thing 1. But I've neglected to mention them! Book 7 was Danyal's recommendation of the Hunger Games and Book 8 was Savvy Reader's recommendation of the Family Fang.

Let's start with the Hunger Games. It was good, I liked it. But I'm not going to be rushing out to read the other two. I listened to an audio of this one and I find that the narrator can really make or break a book. This one, I went back and forth on - some of the voices she had for characters were really annoying but for the most part, she was pretty good. As far as the story goes - holy bizarre Batman! I'm somewhat concerned that this is such a huge hit when it's about pitting children against each other in a twisted battle to the death. But, in the end, it was a good book and it ended pretty much as I expected.

Now onto the Family Fang - also an audio and the narrator on this one was excellent. This was definitely one of the better books I've read this year - and I heard it's being turned into a movie so I'm looking forward to that. I can't really put my finger on what I liked so much because I wanted to punch the parents in the face for the majority of the book. But I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment