Monday, July 2, 2012

June 2012 Recap

Another slow month...  Though, I'm marking 4 things as complete this month so maybe it wasn't as slow as I thought?

The biggest, most exciting thing is that EDP & I bought a house. It's a great house, we're really excited for August 17 to get here so that we can move in. And by move in, I mean clean the carpets and paint from top to bottom before moving in on August 25th.  The house is only about 5 years old, so it doesn't make sense to research the history of it so I'm now thinking about something to sub in for that. Not entirely sure what it will be.  Oh, and if you are thinking that because it's only 5 years old, there isn't a lot to do to it, you're nuts. I've got several lists started of all the things I want to do it. So I started another blog for that.

The other things I crossed off where a new Thing 9 - tripling my net worth - and Things 76 & 77, which were Private and Personal.

I don't think I made very good progress on my other in-progress things so I'm going to skip recapping them again this month and instead mention some of the tweaks I made that I mentioned I was planning in my May recap.

First, I scaled back on a couple of my Things - I changed some of my reading goals to be slightly lower because I felt I was focussing on them too much. And, I took a look at how some of my Things were in conflict - savings, debt repayment and travelling. Those are all require a lot of financial support and there are only so many dollars to go around. Because I don't want to be broke at the end of this, I've made things far more realistic. I'm pretty comfortable with my overall list now and in the end, I made adjustments to 7 things - one was a complete change and the rest were all minor tweaks.

So what's up for July? Well, going through my list has helped me remember some of the Things that are on my list that I completely forgot about! I'm going to try to knock a couple completely off the list and make some good progress on some of the Things that I had expected to spend all of my 1001 days working on.  Maybe I'll try to get caught up on my Wikipedia reading or rice donating (Ha! Yeah right...)

No comments:

Post a Comment