Monday, July 2, 2012

Volunteering

Last weekend, there was an LPGA golf tournament in the city I work in. This event had somewhere around 1200 volunteers to help it run smoothly. And I was one of them. I spent about 15 hours over the course of the lead-up and event on the Volunteer Services committee - I spent a couple of hours giving out volunteer packages and then I spent a full day in the volunteer headquarters checking people in and answering questions on the Pro-Am day that raised money for a local hospital. And then I ended things with a couple of hours on the volunteer appreciation day (but missed all the action because I wasn't scheduled to be in until well after all the fun stuff happened.) In all, it was an interesting experience. I'd volunteer again next year but I'd want to be out on the golf course because it was pretty isolated in headquarters. Oh, and I got a pretty snappy shirt out of the deal and was able to use my Community Spirit Day at work! All in all, a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment