Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Acupunctured

Ages and ages and ages ago (about a year, actually...) I bought a WagJag to try acupuncture.  I finally got around to booking the appointment and about two weeks ago, I had my first acupuncture session.

It was Japanese acupuncture, which is apparently isn't as in-depth as Chinese - the needles don't go in as far, which is good for someone afraid of needles.

I definitely felt really relaxed during the session and after but in retrospect, I think it was mostly because the acupuncturist put a giant heat lamp over my feet to keep them warm (heaven!!) I felt the same as I do coming out of a massage and I certainly enjoy massages more than I enjoyed having needles stuck all over me.  It was an interesting experience but I'm not really into the whole aura thing.

However, it did encourage me to avow not to waste the benefits coverage we have for massages so I have a massage booked at a spa very close to us and if I like the masseuse, I'm setting up a standing appointment.  So see, acupuncture does have very positive benefits.

1 comment:

  1. Acupuncture really gives people this weird and different kind of experience, but not everyone is up for the challenge. Acupuncture has benefits wherein it would take a while for you to feel the effects. I think it needs quite a few sessions before you really experience it. But if it’s not for you, then at least you tried, right?

    ReplyDelete